Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank you all for donating to the MDA Stride and Ride Walk in memory of my brother, Trae Hays.

I know with the economy is was difficult for all of you. Thank you so much for your response to our cause.

I received a note today from Trae's wonderful mother and it read:
"Jessica, It is so hard for me to believe that my Trae has been gone for 10 years. Although time does help ease the pain- not a day goes by that I don't think of him and wish he was still here with us. As you know-he was a joy to be around and so full of life and hope. I thank you for all your doing to raise money to find a cure for this terrible disease. With your help and that of "Trae's Warriors" you are making a difference! I hope you and your family are doing well. I will be thinking of all fo you on Jan.31st. Love, Cynthia"

Tears ran down my face reading this because I too can't believe he has been gone that long. He stays here in our hearts and memories everyday. My children call him their "uncle", they know of him, they love him and they know one day we will be with him again. It fills my heart that the boys speak of him like they really know him. That is all I could ever ask for since his life was taken by this horrible disease. His life was treasured and will always be remembered. You were our angel, Trae. We love you so much and miss you so much! We will be walking for you brother! Hopefully in our lifetime we will see a cure.

God Bless you all who give to causes like MDA. There are so many out there that need our help. There are so many cures that need to be found. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: