Saturday, January 10, 2009

I am just sitting here in front of the fire writing next weeks lesson plans! I have really enjoyed this last week working with the kids. They are all too cute and eager to learn! The funniest part is to ask them about what certain things are and hearing their answers....For example: One child said Earth was his school and went on and on about that. He thinks Earth was the last school he went too. Another child answered "Jesus" when asked what the Earth was. These kids have really filled me up with so much joy and I am so attached to them. We have had a couple out because of sickness' but hopefully they will all be back and well on Monday and ready for the new lessons!

Today I have just hung out with the boys and given them some personal one on one time. Trae, Austin and I went to go see Bolt at the movie theatre today and they really enjoyed that. Hayden stayed home with Daddy and they had some one on one time! Tommorrow I will go grocery shopping for us and my childcare kiddos!! I also need to get Hayden some long sleeve shirts...he doesn't have very many. The hand me downs are either to small or too big for him... the other boys were in summer clothes in 12 months.

Surprisingly, the boys are enjoying being back at school and seeing their friends. They are both doing so well in school and I couldn't be more proud. They are such good, sweet boys and luckily I have never had a problem with them...not even once!! Knock on wood!!

Yesterday was a tough day for me emotionally. It has been 10 years since my brother, Trae has passed away. Honestly, it seems like maybe a year..... I miss him so much and think of him all the time. The MDA Stride and Ride is coming up and I really enjoy that every year. Last year we raised $3,000 for our team. The boys enjoyed getting involved and are looking forward to it again. Its been hard for my dad all these years and he hasn't ever done the walk with us. He thinks it will be too hard for him....it is really rewarding though. My dad and my entire family are joining us this year. We are "Trae's Warriors" Fighting For A Cure!! In Memory of Trae Hays. My brother was my hero and although I have the most wonderful parents in the world he taught me so much too. I thank God that he was in my life, even for that short time.

I have got to go and update my childcare blog...I am got to stay current on that. God has really blessed me with some wonderful families and children to care for. I love each day and look forward to every week with them.

Ma'Ma- we will be calling you tomorrow....Austin wants to sing you a song!! We love you so much and miss you!!!!

Have a good night!

No comments: