Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Water War!!!!!!!

Last night I was watching an episode with Oprah that I had taped on my DVR. It was about people diagnosed with cancer and given 3-6 months to live. One guy said we all shouldn't worry about the small things, we don't know how much time we have here (of course we hear this all the time but it made me think of how I raise the boys). We should live everyday with great, precious memories.
One of his most precious memories was when he was a child. He wanted to paint his own room the way he wanted it..... his parents let him do it and he did. He painted just about all of his favorite things all over the walls. Sometimes we get so caught up with how things should look and not look. His day was made when they allowed him to express his own creativity in his room.
I am a little uptight when it comes to those things but decided tonight when the boys and I go to brush their teeth I was going to start a water war in the bathroom. So I did......we were all soaked, the bathroom was soaked but we were drenched with laughter! Its just water and was easily cleaned up after the boys went to sleep. They were both shocked that I started it but we all had so much fun doing it. I see its the little things that count.

No comments: