Thursday, September 20, 2007

Trae has his glasses now...

Today we went to get Trae's glasses and he was so upset. Not because he didn't like his glasses but because he was afraid the kids at school are going to make fun of him. He got in the car after we picked up his glasses and he just cried, it broke my heart! I talked to the eye doctor and she said if he is responsible and does his eye exercises he can wear contacts soon. She saw how upset he was about the glasses. I told Trae to just give them a chance and he would get used to how they look on him. He wore them and already is adjusting, he says he like them but hopes no one will make fun of him. Kids are so cruel these days and it is really sad. Tomorrow will be his first day to wear them to school. Hayden and I are going to have lunch with him and hopefully he won't have any bad news to report to me about any kids being mean. Otherwise, they have to deal with a very over protective mommy!!!! My worst fear is some mean child convincing my children that they are not good enough, smart enough or cute enough. A confident child starts from the inside out and I have always raised the boys to believe they are perfect in their own eyes, our eyes and God's eyes....

No comments: