Monday, May 5, 2008

Please pray for sully!


Here is his story from his website:


Sullivan 'Sully' Farrar was born May 1, 2007. Our little man was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on July 12, 2007. Sully's journey began on July 11, 2007. It was a day like any other day. Jason got up and went to work, and Hannah, Sully, and I were on a mission to find a Scooby-Doo backpack for Hannah. Sully, Hannah, and I went to Toys 'R' Us, Target, and then met Jason for lunch. As the day went on Sully began to eat less. I noticed he just was not quite himself. That evening we went to church and this is where it all began. My friend, Christina, was holding Sully when he vomited all over her. I called Sully's pediatrician and they said to take Sully to the ER because he probably had a stomach bug. So, Christina and I left church and went to the ER. I called Jason and he was on his way to meet us. Little did we know what we were going to learn about our little man . The pediatrician on call ran all the right tests that night. She did blood work, an ultrasound, and x-rays. During the ultrasound Sully began to develop purple bumps on his head. That is when I knew something was terribly wrong. Not long after, the pediatrician came in and told Jason and I that Sully had leukemia. She said that his white blood cell count was 400,000. About an hour later we were on our way to St. Jude. The next day Sully was diagnosed with ALL. We were told Sully was born with leukemia and that he only had a 15% chance. Sully has been on this journey ever since.

No comments: